Location: Blacksburg, VA
Clearance: Eligible for Security Clearance (US Citizenship required)
***This position is contingent upon contract award***
PURPOSE OF JOB:
To be an essential member of a team focused on the design, installation, day to day operation of enterprise networks. In the near-term, the successful candidate will lead in the data collection and service/system requirements analysis so to establish network-related documentation for design and test plans, while working in concert with other subject matter expert (SME) team members to plan and implement the cloud service installation and/or complex network solutions, as well as, assisting with planning associated concept of operations, capacity planning, technology refresh planning, incident management, problem management, and IT security and compliance considerations.
- Integrate compute, storage, security, and cloud access into network architectures
- Work hand-in-hand with customers to refine and finalize designs
- Mentor junior staff in skill development in network engineering and design
- Work with company management developing solutions for future customer engagements, including meeting with potential customers to understand requirements and develop solutions
- Assist with the development of proposals and white papers describing potential solutions
- Troubleshoot complex network issues and assist with the development of solutions
- Perform incident analysis to determine possible cause and potential fix
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Wide-Area Network (WAN) Optimization;
- Intranet Protocol Version 6 (IPV6);
- Intranet Protocol Version 4 (IPV4);
- Border Gateway Protocol (BGP);
- Open Shortest Path First (OSPF) Protocol;
- VRF and VRF lite
- Carrier Services;
- Cisco Nexus (Data/Fabric Switches)
- Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS);
- All Cisco networking technologies
- Previous firewall experience
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
Bachelor’s degree or Equivalent experience in a related field.
Required: CCNA R/S or equivalent experience
Desired: CCNP R/S
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENT STATEMENT: None
This position profile incorporates the core responsibilities of the job. It is recognized that other related duties not specifically mentioned may also be performed, and that not all responsibilities may be carried out depending on operational needs. Nothing in this profile restricts management’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
1901 Group is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
1901 Group offers a full package of benefits and competitive salary, excellent group medical, vision and dental programs, life insurance and short term/long term disability coverage, 401K savings plan; employee training, development and education programs; advancement opportunities; and much more!
1901 Group is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, 1901 Group complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
1901 Group expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of 1901 Group’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
1901 Group “Contingent” offers for employment may stipulate that one or more requirements be satisfied before final commitment between candidate and 1901 Group is established; namely, award of contract to the 1901 Group. Contingent requirements vary and may also include, but not be limited to additional factors (i.e., the position still being available after negotiations with the Government; final approval of your qualifications by the Government; or ability to successfully acquire and/or transfer a DoD security clearance)
US Citizenship required for most positions.
1901 Group is a drug-free workplace