IT Service Desk - Tier 1/2
JOB TITLE: IT Service Desk - Tier 1/2
LOCATION : Washington, D.C.
CLEARANCE REQUIREMENTS : Eligible for Security Clearance (Requires US Citizenship)
*This position is contingent upon contract funding, however it is representative of the skills required to be successful in this role.
PURPOSE OF JOB:
The highly motivated individual will be responsible for being the first contact for each of our customer calls. This individual will help ascertain the nature of the call, resolve issues where possible, and escalate to the appropriate work group, when necessary.
- Provide advanced problem resolution for Level 1 problems as escalated
- Determine the functional area of the problem being reported, e.g. hardware, software, telecommunications
- Deploy mobile devices to end users, assist with basic enterprise-level mobile device management configuration and troubleshooting
- Provide detailed analysis of the problem
- Determine if equipment is warranted and arrange appropriate resolution under warranty
- When special or unique situations warrant – contact the appropriate vendors
- Make site visits as required
- Perform incident analysis to determine possible cause and potential fix
- Update assigned tickets and continuously coordinate necessary work
- Document status updates and communicate to necessary parties
- Provide follow-up to the user on the status of the problem until resolution
- Verify problem resolution prior to closure
- Escalate the problem as required
- Ensure all systems and infrastructure are running optimally and with high availability and quality
- Provide hands-on system service desk support, system maintenance and operations support for both internal and external customers.
- Support end user software and hardware enhancements and technical problems; build, configure.
- Troubleshoot software and hardware enhancements, application deployments and infrastructure up-grades
REQUIRED WORK EXPERIENCE:
- 2-7 years of service desk or desktop support experience
- Experience with Tier II phone support and desk side support
- Experience working in an Information Technology Service Management (ITSM) environment with Service Level Agreements (SLAs)
- Ability to manage and troubleshoot common Windows server issues, especially related to DNS, DHCP, and Active Directory (AD)
- Understanding of systems patching and vulnerability detection/management
- High proficiency with troubleshooting Windows Operating Systems (Vista/7/8) as well as Mac, iPad, and iPhone products
- Experience with PC Imaging
- Basic Active Directory experience/knowledge
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- The ability to apply logical thinking and problem solving skills
- The ability to work in a team environment
- Hardware: Servers (Windows Server 2008/2012), Laptops, Desktops, IPhone, Blackberry, Mac
- Operating Systems: MAC OSX, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows 10,
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a related field.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENT STATEMENT:
Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds and setup workstations under desks, etc.
This position profile incorporates the core responsibilities of the job. It is recognized that other related duties not specifically mentioned may also be performed, and that not all responsibilities may be carried out depending on operational needs. Nothing in this profile restricts management’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
1901 Group is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
1901 Group offers a full package of benefits and competitive salary, excellent group medical, vision and dental programs, life insurance and short term/long term disability coverage, 401K savings plan; employee training, development and education programs; advancement opportunities; and much more!
1901 Group is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
1901 Group “Contingent” offers for employment may stipulate that one or more requirements be satisfied before final commitment between candidate and 1901 Group is established; namely, award of contract to the 1901 Group. Contingent requirements vary and may also include, but not be limited to additional factors (i.e., the position still being available after negotiations with the Government; final approval of your qualifications by the Government; or ability to successfully acquire and/or transfer a DoD security clearance)
U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
1901 Group is a drug free workplace.