Job Title: Patch Engineer
Location: Blacksburg, VA
Clearance Required: Eligibility for a Security Clearance (US Citizenship required)
***This position is contingent upon contract award***
ABOUT 1901 GROUP:
1901 Group provides IT services through the use of an integrated cloud-based platform that enables monitoring, management, and optimization of IT environments that span on-premise, co-location, and cloud computing environments. Our “as a service” model (XaaS) embeds all of the people, processes and technology necessary to deliver highly efficient IT services on a 24x7x365 basis.
PURPOSE OF JOB: 1901 Group is seeking an experienced Windows Server Administrator to join our Platform Management team in Blacksburg, VA. The successful candidate will have a strong background in Server administration, including, configuring, managing, and patching Windows and Unix systems.
- Responsible for in depth security admin, which includes research, design, installation, testing, configuration, troubleshooting and maintenance of 1901 and customer systems.
- Perform patch and security configuration activities to ensure servers and databases under management are properly secured and up to date.
- Remediate vulnerabilities using BigFix, Powershell scripts and Active Directory GPOs.
- Build and deploy Group Policy Objects to enforce desired enterprise behavior.
- Monitor health, performance and operational trends to proactively identify issues before they become incidents.
- Participate in a 24x7 on call rotation.
- 1-2 years hands on technical experience administering Windows Server and desktop systems.
- Understanding of Active Directory
- Ability to understand the business and data environments of our current and potential customers and collaborate with a variety of technical and non-technical team members to arrive at comprehensive solutions.
- Ability to work well with teams and individuals
- Ability to communicate well with Executives, Managers, Peers and Customers
- Proven ability to effectively and efficiently solve problems
- Proven experience interacting with customers of all levels and ability to collaborate with a variety of technical and non-technical teams
- Ability and desire to think outside of the box, research, and share thoughts and ideas
- Experience in large enterprise patching, both Windows & Linux is preferred.
- Experience in Bigfix (SCCM, Altris, or Tannium) prefered.
- Experience with other Microsoft technologies such as Exchange, SharePoint, or Office 365
- Some experience with MS-SQL databases
- Windows PowerShell scripting
- Unix shell scripting
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a related field.
Desired: MCSA Windows Server 2012
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENT STATEMENT: None
This position profile incorporates the core responsibilities of the job. It is recognized that other related duties not specifically mentioned may also be performed, and that not all responsibilities may be carried out depending on operational needs. Nothing in this profile restricts management’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
1901 Group is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
1901 Group offers a full package of benefits and competitive salary, excellent group medical, vision and dental programs, life insurance and short term/long term disability coverage, 401K savings plan; employee training, development and education programs; advancement opportunities; and much more!
1901 Group is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
1901 Group “Contingent” offers for employment may stipulate that one or more requirements be satisfied before final commitment between candidate and 1901 Group is established; namely, award of contract to the 1901 Group. Contingent requirements vary and may also include, but not be limited to additional factors (i.e., the position still being available after negotiations with the Government; final approval of your qualifications by the Government; or ability to successfully acquire and/or transfer a DoD security clearance)
U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
1901 Group is a drug free workplace.