Senior Network Administrator - Engineer
Job Title: Senior Network Administrator - Engineer
Contract Labor Category: Systems Engineer - Senior
Location: Radford VA
Clearance Requirement DOD Interim Secret as a minimum
Who Are We?
1901 Group prides itself on looking ahead of our competitors for the next wave of IT trends. We provide our employees with training and development opportunities, preparing them for upcoming technical challenges.
With primary office locations in Blacksburg and Reston, VA, our teams support customers from across the United States. Our innovative IT As-A Service delivery model is supported by industry certifications that ensure quality and efficient IT solutions.
We are transforming the delivery of IT services through the use of enterprise managed services that leverage the cloud to securely monitor, manage, and optimize complex IT environments.
The history of automation is what inspired the name of our company. 1901 was the year that another disruptive technology changed the world: the assembly line. Leveraging skills and materials in an efficient manner within a repeatable process that quadrupled output applies to IT services today.
Who We Need:
- A Network Administrator focused on the implementation and sustainment of both NIPR and SIPR switches, routers, firewalls, load balancers and network management tools
As a Senior Network Administrator, you will be responsible for:
- Network management/analysis/troubleshooting
- Developing and maintaining local operating procedures and policies
- Monitoring the ongoing operation of the network.
Are You Someone With:
- A Security+ (Or equiv. IA cert) and Cisco CCNP?
- 5+ years of Network Administration?
- 5+ years of configuring and maintaining switches, routers, firewalls, load balancers and network management tools?
- Experience with network management, analysis and troubleshooting tools?
- Experience with Data Center Management?
- The willingness and ability to train junior team members?
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills, analytical and problem-solving skills, written and verbal communication abilities?
- Experience in patch management?
- Experience in implementing and maintaining DISA STIGs or equivalent security management Strategies?
- Experience in the deployment of firmware and security configurations using automation?
- Experience with development of project documentation to include standard operating procedures, project plans, and network diagrams?
- Strong networking background?
- Strong troubleshooting skills?
- Strong documentation skills?
It would be great if you also had:
- 5+ years of Cisco switch management experience
- Experience with the Cisco Nexus (9K, 7K, 5K, and 2K) line and Cisco Catalyst line
- Experience with Cisco ASA/Firepower firewalls and Palo Alto firewalls
- Experience with F5 load balancers
- Understanding of Data Center technologies and experience with maintaining a Data Center for a medium to large data center and the ability to develop best practices for maintaining firmware and STIGs using automation and scripting.
Successful Traits in this Role include:
Minimum Essential Functions:
- Travel to customer sites, including overnight travel
- Working various shifts as assigned
- Working overtime as assigned [non-exempt employees only]
- Other physical requirements (lifting, standing, walking, bending, squatting, etc.)
- [For exempt employees, include requirements that indicate exercise of discretion and independent judgment regarding matters of significance. Examples include:
- Managing and assessing performance of direct reports
- Assigning responsibilities
- Assessing risk
- Reporting to senior management
- Analyze data
Why 1901 Group is a Great Place to Work
The health and happiness of our employees and their families is our top priority. That’s why we offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package to help you and your loved ones feel secure. We strive to create the best experience for you, so you can continue doing the things you love. The following represents an overview of our offerings:
Health & Wellness
- 1901 Group offers above-industry standard, high-quality medical, pharmacy, dental and vision plans. A single carrier supports our offerings of two medical, two dental and a single, comprehensive vision plan.
- Two Telehealth/Telemedicine services as part of the medical plan, allowing you to get the care you need – including most prescriptions – for a wide range of minor conditions.
Flexible Payment Options via Pretax Deductions
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Limited Purpose Flexible Spending Account
Paid Time Off
- Generous leave options to include: vacation, sick leave, all major and federal holidays, jury duty, bereavement, military leave, maternity, and paternity leave.
- Pre-tax and Roth 401(k) Savings Programs with company match
Coverage for the Unexpected or “Just in Case” Moments
- Two Employee Assistance Programs (EAPs)
- Company-paid Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- Company-paid Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance Supplemental Life and AD&D Insurance for Employees, Spouses, and Children
Our Focus on Professional & Team Growth:
At 1901 Group we empower our employees with exponential career development and growth opportunities by utilizing a more modern form of employee assessment – quarterly reviews. We put our employees in the driver’s seat of their evaluation process – and their development. Learning and development is offered through a variety of platforms, designed to satisfy different learners at different stages within their careers.
Employee-Driven Performance Management & Learning
We support a philosophy and approach where “Everyone Learns”. Whether it be via online training or domain specific classroom & instructor lead training – we anticipate our employees will constantly seek out new ways to improve themselves – personally and professionally.
Selected applicants will be subject to a background investigation. Individual’s primary workstation is located in an office area with overhead lighting. The noise level in this environment is low to moderate. Regularly required to sit for extended periods up to 80% of time; frequently required to move about to access file cabinets and use office equipment such as PC, copier, fax, telephone, cell phone, etc. Occasionally required to reach overhead, bend, and lift objects of up to 10 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include use of computer monitor screens up to 80% of time.
This position profile incorporates the core responsibilities of the job. It is recognized that other related duties not specifically mentioned may also be performed, and that not all responsibilities may be carried out depending on operational needs. Nothing in this profile restricts management’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
1901 Group is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
1901 Group is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
1901 Group “Contingent” offers for employment may stipulate that one or more requirements be satisfied before final commitment between candidate and 1901 Group is established; namely, award of contract to the 1901 Group. Contingent requirements vary and may also include, but not be limited to additional factors (i.e., the position still being available after negotiations with the Government; final approval of your qualifications by the Government; or ability to successfully acquire and/or transfer a DoD security clearance)
U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
1901 Group is a drug free workplace