Lead Infrastructure Cloud Engineer
Job Title: Lead Infrastructure Cloud Engineer
Location: Blacksburg, VA
Clearance Requirement: Position will require a government clearance, at a minimum a public trust clearance, and potentially a secret clearance, depending on government requirements for work execution
Who Are We?
1901 Group prides itself on looking ahead of our competitors for the next wave of IT trends. We provide our employees with training and development opportunities, preparing them for upcoming technical challenges.
With primary office locations in Blacksburg and Reston, VA, our teams support customers from across the United States. Our innovative IT As-A Service delivery model is supported by industry certifications that ensure quality and efficient IT solutions.
We are transforming the delivery of IT services through the use of enterprise managed services that leverage the cloud to securely monitor, manage, and optimize complex IT environments.
The history of automation is what inspired the name of our company. 1901 was the year that another disruptive technology changed the world: the assembly line. Leveraging skills and materials in an efficient manner within a repeatable process that quadrupled output applies to IT services today.
Who We Need:
An experienced cloud engineer who can support the design, automation, and deployment of cloud infrastructure and applications, in multiple cloud environments such as AWS and Azure..
What You’ll Spend Most of Your Time Doing
- After your initial onboarding and acclimation to the team, you will be focused on developing and operationalizing cloud solution architectures that are highly available and resilient by utilizing best practices in systems engineering, network engineering, and multi-region and multi-account design strategies with a strong security focus to include boundary protection, data protection, and enterprise grade management services with strong operational SLA’s
- You will work with a collaborative team to re-architect and migrate mission critical enterprise systems, such as SAP ERP systems, to public cloud environments
- You will provide leadership across multiple teams to implement the design, to include creation of design documents and some hands-on support of implementation efforts
- You will develop cyber and operations governance for an automated, containerized, self-service multi-cloud platform
- You’ll collaborate with the Cyber Security team to foster all aspects of the cloud environments up to security standards
- You will regularly communicate both orally and in writing with senior staff, information systems professionals, and the non-technical user community
As Lead Infrastructure Cloud Engineer you will:
- Perform configuration, troubleshooting, and management of various cloud environments
- Demonstrate excellent networking and technical skills, proficiency with the design, implementation and support of cloud solutions, integration of enterprise server, storage, network, and virtualization components, and exhibit strong project management and communication.
- You will build infrastructure, networks, and applications for scalability, resiliency, availability, and recovery.
- Help migrate systems from a traditional infrastructure deployment model to an infrastructure as code model with automation and monitoring via DevOps.
- An experienced Cloud technologist with a Bachelors degree and 7 + years of designing enterprise cloud environments in AWS, including FedRAMP certified platforms?
- An engineer with 5 + years of re-architecting and launching major workloads in the public cloud?
- An information technology professional with 5 + years of software engineering, solutions architecture, or network systems engineering to include modeling tools?
- Experienced in making cloud environments compliant with industry security standards, such as Center for Internet Security (CIS) benchmarks?
- Experienced migrating systems, to the cloud?
- Someone with the ability to understand the business and data environments of our current and potential customers and collaborate with a variety of technical and non-technical team members to arrive at comprehensive solutions?
- A detail-oriented engineer with proven experience interacting with customers of all levels and able to collaborate with a variety of technical and non-technical teams?
- Proficient in creating technical documentation & diagrams using Visio or similar?
- Security+ certified?
- A US Citizen who can obtain and maintain a public trust clearance?
- It would be also be great if you have:
- An AWS Certified Solution Architect Professional certification or a the equivalent with MS Azure or other cloud environments
Successful Traits in this Role include:
Minimum Essential Functions:
- Travel to customer sites, including overnight travel
- Ability to provide coverage for core hours (8a to 6p) and occasional work on nights and weekends may be required during maintenance periods.
- Assessing risk of technical solution paths
- Reporting to a senior program owner
Why 1901 Group is a Great Place to Work
The health and happiness of our employees and their families is our top priority. That’s why we offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package to help you and your loved ones feel secure. We strive to create the best experience for you, so you can continue doing the things you love. The following represents an overview of our offerings:
Health & Wellness
- 1901 Group offers above-industry standard, high-quality medical, pharmacy, dental and vision plans. A single carrier supports our offerings of two medical, two dental and a single, comprehensive vision plan.
- Two Telehealth/Telemedicine services as part of the medical plan, allowing you to get the care you need – including most prescriptions – for a wide range of minor conditions.
Flexible Payment Options via Pretax Deductions
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Limited Purpose Flexible Spending Account
Paid Time Off
- Generous leave options to include: vacation, sick leave, all major and federal holidays, jury duty, bereavement, military leave, maternity, and paternity leave.
- Pre-tax and Roth 401(k) Savings Programs with company match
Coverage for the Unexpected or “Just in Case” Moments
- Two Employee Assistance Programs (EAPs)
- Company-paid Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- Company-paid Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance Supplemental Life and AD&D Insurance for Employees, Spouses, and Children
Our Focus on Professional & Team Growth:
At 1901 Group we empower our employees with exponential career development and growth opportunities by utilizing a more modern form of employee assessment – quarterly reviews. We put our employees in the driver’s seat of their evaluation process – and their development. Learning and development is offered through a variety of platforms, designed to satisfy different learners at different stages within their careers.
Employee-Driven Performance Management & Learning
We support a philosophy and approach where “Everyone Learns”. Whether it be via online training or domain specific classroom & instructor lead training – we anticipate our employees will constantly seek out new ways to improve themselves – personally and professionally.
Selected applicants will be subject to a background investigation. Individual’s primary workstation is located in an office area with overhead lighting. The noise level in this environment is low to moderate. Regularly required to sit for extended periods up to 80% of time; frequently required to move about to access file cabinets and use office equipment such as PC, copier, fax, telephone, cell phone, etc. Occasionally required to reach overhead, bend, and lift objects of up to 10 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include use of computer monitor screens up to 80% of time.
This position profile incorporates the core responsibilities of the job. It is recognized that other related duties not specifically mentioned may also be performed, and that not all responsibilities may be carried out depending on operational needs. Nothing in this profile restricts management’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
1901 Group is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
1901 Group is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
1901 Group “Contingent” offers for employment may stipulate that one or more requirements be satisfied before final commitment between candidate and 1901 Group is established; namely, award of contract to the 1901 Group. Contingent requirements vary and may also include, but not be limited to additional factors (i.e., the position still being available after negotiations with the Government; final approval of your qualifications by the Government; or ability to successfully acquire and/or transfer a DoD security clearance)
U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
1901 Group is a drug free workplace.