SOC Analyst - Vulnerability Management
Job Title: SOC Analyst – Vulnerability Management
Location: Blacksburg, VA
Clearance Required: Eligibility for a Government Agency Specific clearance
***This position is contingent upon contract award***
ABOUT 1901 GROUP:
1901 Group provides IT services through the use of an integrated cloud-based platform that enables monitoring, management, and optimization of IT environments that span on-premise, co-location, and cloud computing environments. Our “as a service” model (XaaS) embeds all of the people, processes and technology necessary to deliver highly efficient IT services on a 24x7x365 basis.
PURPOSE OF JOB:
This individual will work as a member of a security team in a 24x7 Security Operations Center responsible for monitoring the customer’s environment for potential security threats and incidents. This will include the identification, analysis, investigation and support of remediation recommendations to mitigate the security threats and incidents. The analyst will work closely with other teams as part of the overall incident management process.
- Using security tools, perform monitoring and analysis of security events of interest to detect security risks and threats on the customer’s network.
- Create incidents and support the investigation of such incidents to not only mitigate the current threat but also prevent future occurrence.
- Support escalation to and work closely with Sr. analysts and engineers as required.
- Document all actions taken as part of incident investigation.
- Work closely with other teams to support the incident management process.
- Provide tuning and filtering recommendations to engineering team.
- Support requests for data by the customer and/or other teams.
- Assist with the identification, creation and refinement of the team’s processes and procedures.
- Stay abreast of current threats and vulnerabilities, particularly those that may directly impact the customer.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Self-driven and highly motivated
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Willingness to work flexible hours - shift work required
- Knowledge/Experience working with SIEM tools (Splunk / McAfee Nitro) and performing security analysis
- Ability to perform and analyze packet captures
- Good understanding of operating systems and networking (TCP/IP)
- Good understanding of security threats and vulnerabilities
- Good understanding of security tools and technologies such as Imperva, GigaVue, FTK, Encase, RSA Security Analytics, Nessus, IP360, Akamai WAF and Trendmicro
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in the field of cyber security
- Prior experience in an operations environment as a security analyst
- Experience with Remedy
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a related field.
Desired: Security+, GCIA or CEH
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENT STATEMENT: None specified.
This position profile incorporates the core responsibilities of the job. It is recognized that other related duties not specifically mentioned may also be performed, and that not all responsibilities may be carried out depending on operational needs. Nothing in this profile restricts management’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
1901 Group is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
1901 Group offers a full package of benefits and competitive salary, excellent group medical, vision and dental programs, life insurance and short term/long term disability coverage, 401K savings plan; employee training, development and education programs; advancement opportunities; and much more!
1901 Group is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
1901 Group “Contingent” offers for employment may stipulate that one or more requirements be satisfied before final commitment between candidate and 1901 Group is established; namely, award of contract to the 1901 Group. Contingent requirements vary and may also include, but not be limited to additional factors (i.e., the position still being available after negotiations with the Government; final approval of your qualifications by the Government; or ability to successfully acquire and/or transfer a DoD security clearance)
U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
1901 Group is a drug free workplace.