Job Title: Technical Writer, Federal Proposals
Location: Reston, VA
Clearance Required: Successful completion of a third party commercial background investigation
ABOUT 1901 GROUP:
1901 Group provides IT services through the use of an integrated cloud-based platform that enables monitoring, management, and optimization of IT environments that span on-premise, co-location, and cloud computing environments. Our “as a service” model (XaaS) embeds all of the people, processes and technology necessary to deliver highly efficient IT services on a 24x7x365 basis.
PURPOSE OF JOB:
The Proposal Technical Writer is responsible for developing high quality proposal content for technical (data center consolidation, application development and mobile computing, cyber security, cloud computing, business process management, and enterprise infrastructure management), management and past performance response sections. The successful candidate must clearly convey information in accordance with agreed-upon annotated mock ups that results in compliant, persuasive and compelling proposals. As a key member of the proposal team, the Proposal Technical Writer must be able to effectively communicate and collaborate with personnel (through interviews and discussion) at all levels of the organization.
- Able to understand complex IT solutions to the extent necessary to interview/write or collaborate to develop the written response.
- Assists SMEs by suggesting and/or developing graphics (charts, process flows, screenshots, etc.) that convey the theme or solution being proposed
- Writes original text for corporate experience, past performances, standard business practices (project management/staffing/quality/transition plans), and resumes.
- Interviews proposed personnel, project managers, and other corporate staff to elicit the data required to generate non-technical content.
- Finds, analyzes, and synthesizes written content from proposal libraries; revises and repurposes it for new efforts, ensuring the content is tailored to meet the solicitation requirements.
- Follows established proposal development policies and procedures.
- Manages repository and other proposal libraries as required in the SharePoint library.
- Participates in technical solutioning/theming sessions and proposal color reviews, as necessary.
- Performs technical rewrite/edits on proposals, as necessary
- Participate in proposal strategy sessions, readiness reviews, kickoff meetings, and daily standups
- Cleary communicates all assignments, conducts appropriate follow ups
- Supports BD team members and BD leaders throughout firm with specific data requests
- Assists with market research to support strategic planning and capture activities in the Federal IT market.
- Monitors public databases, Government Agency websites, and Government Agency procurement forecasts
- Perform other duties or special projects as required or as assigned by Director of Proposal Management and/or Sr. Vice President of Business Development
- Minimum of 3-5 years of relevant experience writing proposal responses and related technical documentation for the Federal Government .
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office 2007/2010 products, primarily in Word and Excel
• Excellent written and verbal skills in conveying complex technical information clearly and persuasively to readers who have varying levels of technical subject matter expertise.
• Excellent organizational and analytical skills with emphasis on attention to detail.
• Ability to meet tight deadlines with professional, quality deliverables.
• Team player with strong interpersonal skills who can work collaboratively with a multi-disciplinary team and use tact and diplomacy to guide the SMEs and other proposal contributors.
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize, manage complex workload, and handle pressure.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and work flexible hours to achieve the requirements of the position
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent) preferred in English, Journalism, Communications, or relevant field.
Selected applicants will be subject to a background investigation. Individual’s primary workstation is located in an office area with overhead lighting. The noise level in this environment is low to moderate. Regularly required to sit for extended periods up to 80% of time; frequently required to move about to access file cabinets and use office equipment such as PC, copier, fax, telephone, cell phone, etc. Occasionally required to reach overhead, bend, and lift objects of up to 10 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include use of computer monitor screens up to 80% of time.
This position profile incorporates the core responsibilities of the job. It is recognized that other related duties not specifically mentioned may also be performed, and that not all responsibilities may be carried out depending on operational needs. Nothing in this profile restricts management’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
1901 Group is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
1901 Group offers a full package of benefits and competitive salary, excellent group medical, vision and dental programs, life insurance and short term/long term disability coverage, 401K savings plan; employee training, development and education programs; advancement opportunities; and much more!
1901 Group is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
1901 Group “Contingent” offers for employment may stipulate that one or more requirements be satisfied before final commitment between candidate and 1901 Group is established; namely, award of contract to the 1901 Group. Contingent requirements vary and may also include, but not be limited to additional factors (i.e., the position still being available after negotiations with the Government; final approval of your qualifications by the Government; or ability to successfully acquire and/or transfer a DoD security clearance)
U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
1901 Group is a drug free workplace.