ServiceNow Developer - ITSM
Job Title: ServiceNow Developer ITSM
Location: Blacksburg, VA
Clearance Required: Eligibility for a Government Public Trust (SF-85) background investigation (US Citizenship required)
**This position is contingent upon contract award***
ABOUT 1901 GROUP:
1901 Group provides IT services through the use of an integrated cloud-based platform that enables monitoring, management, and optimization of IT environments that span on-premise, co-location, and cloud computing environments. Our “as a service” model (XaaS) embeds all of the people, processes and technology necessary to deliver highly efficient IT services on a 24x7x365 basis.
PURPOSE OF JOB:
1901 Group is seeking candidates to design and develop software tools and solutions for our ServiceNow IT services platform. Selected candidates will work with a team of highly skilled software developers responsible for delivering customized solutions for federal and commercial clients. The candidate will develop core functionality for existing systems, create and execute tests, and assist with deployment of new software to the user community.
- Under the guidance and direction of technical leads, follow software best practices to design and implement well documented, maintainable code
- Analyze, diagnose, and resolve software bugs utilizing approved procedures
- Create and successfully execute unit tests
- Collaborate with other software developers, operations staff, supervisors, and clients
KEY KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- 3-4 years of experience developing and supporting software, ServiceNow certification required
- 3-4 years of experience with scripting languages (Bash, Python, etc.)
- Possession of excellent oral and written communication skills
DESIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of Agile Scrum methodologies and processes
- Familiarity with object oriented programming
- Familiarity with application frameworks (AngularJS, Java EE, etc.)
- Familiarity with relational databases
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
BS in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience
This position profile incorporates the core responsibilities of the job. It is recognized that other related duties not specifically mentioned may also be performed, and that not all responsibilities may be carried out depending on operational needs. Nothing in this profile restricts management’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
1901 Group is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
1901 Group offers a full package of benefits and competitive salary, excellent group medical, vision and dental programs, life insurance and short term/long term disability coverage, 401K savings plan; employee training, development and education programs; advancement opportunities; and much more!
1901 Group is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
1901 Group “Contingent” offers for employment may stipulate that one or more requirements be satisfied before final commitment between candidate and 1901 Group is established; namely, award of contract to the 1901 Group. Contingent requirements vary and may also include, but not be limited to additional factors (i.e., the position still being available after negotiations with the Government; final approval of your qualifications by the Government; or ability to successfully acquire and/or transfer a DoD security clearance)
U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
1901 Group is a drug free workplace.