Jr. DevOps Engineer
Job Title: DevOps Engineer - Jr
Location: Arlington / Reston, VA
Clearance Required: Eligible for TS/SCI Clearance (US Citizenship Required)
ABOUT 1901 GROUP:
1901 Group provides IT services through the use of an integrated cloud-based platform that enables monitoring, management, and optimization of IT environments that span on-premise, co-location, and cloud computing environments. Our “as a service” model (XaaS) embeds all of the people, processes and technology necessary to deliver highly efficient IT services on a 24x7x365 basis.
PURPOSE OF JOB: The DevOps Engineer applies knowledge of containerization models and orchestration to develop, manage, and maintain the environments for our customer. This role will work you will be focused on containerization of applications with Docker and development of Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) pipeline. You will drive continuous integration, build and deploy processes, monitor environments, and provide exceptional IT services.
You will be the key 1901 Group technical resource to coordinate and successfully deliver on our technical strategy and solutions including delivering creative solutions in a fast-paced Agile development environment.
- You will work collaboratively with development teams to automate manual processes, specifically CI/CD pipelines
- You will develop and maintain CI/CD processes and tools, implement and execute processes to create and fully maintain automated CI/CD, and for some customers, migrate to a Continuous Development model and redesign existing build procedures to reduce complexity and take advantage of the pipeline.
- You will work with development teams to ensure continuous integration, test, and deployment methods are being followed, ensure the continuous improvement of processes and integration of best practices.
- You will utilize understanding of end to end CI/CD pipeline to identify any security issues and coordinate with the security team for resolution.
- As new versions of software are released assist in evaluation and recommended implementation, you will assist in installation and testing the upgrades as needed
- You will regularly communicate both orally and in writing with senior staff, information systems professionals, and the non-technical user community
- 5+ years DoD experience
- Experienced Cloud technologist working in enterprise cloud environments such as AWS and Azure, including FedRAMP certified platforms.
- Information technology professional with hands on experience using Docker, Kubernetes etc.
- Hands on experience working with Linux based infrastructures
- Proficient in CI/CD processes and tools
- Experienced in making cloud environments compliant with industry security standards, such as Center for Internet Security (CIS) benchmarks
- Ability to understand the business and data environments of our current and potential customers and collaborate with a variety of technical and non-technical team members to arrive at comprehensive solutions.
- Proven experience interacting with customers of all levels and able to collaborate with a variety of technical and non-technical teams.
- Expertise using MS Office software (i.e., Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science or a related field.
Desired: MS Azure Cloud or AWS Cloud Certifications
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENT STATEMENT: None
This position profile incorporates the core responsibilities of the job. It is recognized that other related duties not specifically mentioned may also be performed, and that not all responsibilities may be carried out depending on operational needs. Nothing in this profile restricts management’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
1901 Group is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
1901 Group offers a full package of benefits and competitive salary, excellent group medical, vision and dental programs, life insurance and short term/long term disability coverage, 401K savings plan; employee training, development and education programs; advancement opportunities; and much more!
1901 Group is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
1901 Group “Contingent” offers for employment may stipulate that one or more requirements be satisfied before final commitment between candidate and 1901 Group is established; namely, award of contract to the 1901 Group. Contingent requirements vary and may also include, but not be limited to additional factors (i.e., the position still being available after negotiations with the Government; final approval of your qualifications by the Government; or ability to successfully acquire and/or transfer a DoD security clearance)
U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
1901 Group is a drug free workplace.