Position: IT Engineer
Location: Washington, D.C.
Clearance: Eligible for Security Clearance (U.S. Citizenship Required)
PURPOSE OF JOB:
The highly motivated individual will be responsible for being the second line of contact for customer calls. This individual will ascertain the nature of the call and results of the first line troubleshooting, provide deep troubleshooting, and resolve issues with a high degree of success, collaborating with all available support as necessary.
- Support end user software and hardware enhancements and technical problems; build, configure.
- Support tickets and manage incidents, service requests, and problems through their full lifecycle
- Troubleshoot end user incidents in depth to resolution and identify root cause
- Provide support for on-boarding and off-boarding new and departing employees
- Diagnose and correct computer and telecommunication systems issues.
- Perform incident analysis to determine possible cause and potential fix
- Update tickets and continuously coordinate necessary work
- Document status updates and communicate to necessary parties
- Document troubleshooting steps and knowledge articles for Tier I.
KEY KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP);
- Wide-Area Network (WAN) Optimization;
- Intranet Protocol Version 6 (IPV6);
- Intranet Protocol Version 4 (IPV4);
- Border Gateway Protocol (BGP);
- Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol (EIGRP)
- Carrier Services;
- Cisco equipment and software;
- Network Monitoring tools (such as PRTG);
- Microsoft Active Directory;
- Microsoft Domain Name Services (DNS);
- Microsoft Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP);
- Microsoft Exchange;
- Smart Card Authentication;
- Microsoft Windows;
- Network Printers;
- Microsoft Office products;
- General System Administration;
- General Understanding of Networking Concepts; and
- General Understanding of ITIL Framework
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
Bachelor’s degree or Equivalent experience in a related field.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENT STATEMENT: None
This position profile incorporates the core responsibilities of the job. It is recognized that other related duties not specifically mentioned may also be performed, and that not all responsibilities may be carried out depending on operational needs. Nothing in this profile restricts management’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
1901 Group is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
1901 Group offers a full package of benefits and competitive salary, excellent group medical, vision and dental programs, life insurance and short term/long term disability coverage, 401K savings plan; employee training, development and education programs; advancement opportunities; and much more!
1901 Group is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, 1901 Group complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
1901 Group expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of 1901 Group’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
1901 Group “Contingent” offers for employment may stipulate that one or more requirements be satisfied before final commitment between candidate and 1901 Group is established; namely, award of contract to the 1901 Group. Contingent requirements vary and may also include, but not be limited to additional factors (i.e., the position still being available after negotiations with the Government; final approval of your qualifications by the Government; or ability to successfully acquire and/or transfer a DoD security clearance)
US Citizenship required
1901 Group is a drug-free workplace